Environment Awareness Program
ARUNODAYA TRUST gives high importance to any activities aimed at ensuring sustainability and profitability of agriculture as it is the only primary profession which can feed any nation. NEAC themes are supported by the Department of Environment and Deccan Development Society is the nodal agency for Telangana. ARUNODAYA TRUST is not only acting as a partner in implementation of activities but also monitoring and supporting other partners in Rangareddy district. This year the theme proposed by Ministry of Environment & Forest is Awareness on preventive measures of drought.
Conducted training programs, school level awareness meetings with class room sessions and group discussions. Preparation of bio pesticides was more of demonstration mode and learning by doing.
Key interventions and processes
- Village level awareness meetings in 5 villages on food security.
- Training to farmers on preparation of bio pesticides and their role in biodiversity protection.
- Motivating farmers to take up pulses production to facilitate food security and biodiversity.
- School level awareness meetings on protection of trees and other measures to deal with environmental pollution which is leading to global warming.
- Distribution of pamphlets on biodiversity protection.