Smile Twin E Learning Programme
The organization since 2008 intervened social work in Balaji Nagar(V), Jawahar Nagar(GP), Shameerpet (Mandal),Ranga Reddy(Dist) the total population is around 1.5lkahs and it is major gram Panchayat in Andhra Pradesh. in Shameerpet Mandal, Jawahar Nagar(GP) As majority 90% population are from below poverty line, We are Voluntary organizations working in the field come across problems in Balaji nagar slum and surrounding areas. Majority of the population in the areas have discontinued their education due to financial constraints and there are 14 slums in surrounding Balaji Nagar.
The basic reality of youth showing interest in Smile twin E-Learning Program is to get change in their life and have better outcome of their future and sustain their family with good living conditions. Since the inception of the program many youth turned up and got into reasonable good jobs were they are able to fulfill their basic amenities and they are very much happy about the STEP program.
Many youth who have completed the course are living in better conditions and able to lead they family and in some situation they are becoming the major bread earners of the family and the parents are also very happy for the STEP program introduced in Balaji Nagar Slum area.
- English speaking
- Personality development
- Basic & retail management
- Basic computer
The stated objectives of the organization are as below:
- Educate, train and motivate people to be of help and assistance to the poor and the needy
- Undertake social service schemes for the benefit of the poor, orphaned, destitute, street children, alcoholics, drug addicts, the differently able, mentally challenged and those suffering from terminal diseases
- Establish, equip, maintain, conduct, run, develop, improve and extend trade cells, cottage industries, production units and the like for the benefit of the poor, marginalized, neglected and the differently able.
- Cooperate with the government and non-governmental agencies in carrying out charitable and relief work
- Organize and assist in organizing lectures, seminars, symposia, conventions, conferences, workshops, etc. on subjects of academic interest
- Establish, equip, maintain, conduct, run, develop, improve and extend hospitals, clinics, dispensaries, medical laboratories, research units and other institutions offering treatment, cure, rest, recuperation and medical relief including relief to the differently able and the mentally challenged
- Provide food, clothing, shelter and cash grants to the poor, the orphaned and others in need and make grants for the support of inmates of orphanages, rescue homes, rehabilitation centers and similar institutions.
- Work in partnership with and support other groups and organizations who subscribe to these aims and objectives
Mobilization is carried out during the month for the course starting and before final examination of the batch for the next batch the mobilization would be done through door to door survey through pamphlets, flex banner and banners. The Arunodaya Trust STeP voluntaries went to our focusing slum area groups like Gabilalpet, Nandhamuri Nagar, Shanti Nagar, Balaji Nagar, Dumping Yard, CRPF and surrounding slum area we have already planning. While our voluntaries doing their mobilization in those areas that same time they distribute pamphlets door to door in that Mobilization area. We have already very good relationships with local slum area leaders so we take their help for our STeP center mobilization. In that mobilization part we using flex and banners at selected centers. In mobilization part we also gave guaranty for complete development of personality, enhancement of multi-skills within students, also those students who secure 80% attendance during the training program. Receive 100% job placements a certificate by the Microsoft holdings is also given at the end. We hope through this mobilisation we reach so many needy and so many under privileged youth at our nearest slum areas.
Community Based Mobilization
The community intervention of Arunodaya is a strong base for mobilizing students to the course. Information is disseminated to the community through fliers and at the meetings of women groups and youth groups.
Advertisement is placed on local TV channel and newspaper. For the coming term, local TV, news papers has been contacted.